Re: 20040809: MSG-1 through ADDE (cont.)

Hi Valentijn:

Sorry by the delay but I have a lot of work because I will be on
holidays till 1st of september.

> Hi Miguel,
>
> Can you please send me:
> -Satellite zenith/azimuth angle McIDAS AREA files

I attach to you two AREAS compressed with gzip, one (AREA1149) whith the
MSGT navigation and
another (AREA9999) in polar steorgraphic. This AREAS have the zenith
angle of MSG, the value on each pixel is two times the angle (as example
one pixel with value 90 have zenith angle 45º).

> -Example MSG-1 scene HRV Channel 12 (decompressed) in Native format (see
> ftp upload details)

        I can not upload files to you due to firewall restriction I sent you
one PROlog, EPIlog and two segment files by a separate mail.

> -Link to EUMETSAT software to decompress the wavelet tranformed files

On this link you have the link
http://www.eumetsat.de/en/dps/helpdesk/tools.html#wavelet
You must get the license of EUMETSAT to the wavelet. I have download but
i have not time to
test it yet. Another problem is that you need some program or tool that
monitorize the reception
of a new file and run the wavelet decompresion (EUMETSAT recomend to do
this in another PC); till now
the VCS software make this part for us. You can see the details of our
enviroment in following presentation. It is attached in one gziped file
"SAF-NWC-IOP-INM-WORKSHOP1-OpImp.ppt.gz", that was presented in June by
my boss.
This ppt file  is availabel in the following link
http://nwcsaf.inm.es/FJTW/Presentations (the First Joint Training
Workshop of SAFNWC) inside of INM.zip is the above ppt file.

 If you develop something in this field please tell us.

> -MSG-1 ADDE server files (calibr. and navig.)
I can not sent to you without the autorization of the INM.

--
Dr. Miguel A. Martinez Rubio
  Jefe Unidad Satelites. Servicio de Teledeteccion
  Instituto Nacional de Meteorologia (I.N.M.). Madrid. SPAIN
  e-mail: address@hidden  Tfno: +34 91 5819 662
                      Fax:  +34 91 5819 846