20040825: LDM pqact.conf setup on cyclone (cont.)

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Mynul,

re: is the intention to migrate from cyclone to meteor

>Yes, we are migrating from Cyclone from Meteor. When
>Meteor is completly ready, we like to have Cyclone as
>a back up server and also some of the print
>application will run in that.

OK, it makes sense now.

>You mentioned that the most likely reason that mcidas
>is in meteor is unable to show any image is because
>it's ADDE datasets are not set up.

Yes, not setup or not setup correctly.

>I remember doing
>that though. But if I haven't done it I will do it.

OK.

>But if I did that incorrectly, should I remove the
>inccorect setup of ADDE datasets and only start from
>ADDE data set setup or from the beginning of mcidas-x
>installation process?

The procedures presented in the McIDAS web pages have you
make a copy of ~mcidas/data/EXAMPLE.NAM into ~mcidas/data/LOCAL.NAM
and ~mcidas/data/DSSERVE.BAT into ~mcidas/data/LSSERVE.BAT.
You make any/all changes to LOCAL.NAM (for McIDAS file REDIRECTions)
and LSSERVE.BAT (for ADDE data set definitoins.  If you find that you made
a mistake in either, you simply reedit the file and make the new settings
active.

You first start by defining REDIRECTions in LOCAL.NAM and making them
active AND testing them:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~/data
cp EXAMPLE.NAM LOCAL.NAM
-- edit LOCAL.NAM and set the directories to match your installation --
cd ~/workdata
redirect.k REST LOCAL.NAM
-- now test some of the settings --
dmap.k AREA
dmap.k MDXX
etc

After you have "taught" McIDAS how to find data files (using REDIRECTion
settings in LOCAL.NAM), you then setup ADDE datasets:

cd ~/data
cp DSSERVE.BAT LSSERVE.BAT
-- edit LSSERVE.BAT and set things to match your installation/decoding setup --
cd ~/workdata
batch.k LSSERVE.BAT

After the last step, test to see if your settings were correct:

dsinfo.k IMAGE RTIMAGES
dsinfo.k POINT RTPTSRC

imglist.k RTIMAGES/GW-IR
etc.

Of course if the dsinfo.k command(s) fail, doing the imglist.k command(s)
will also.

The process of setting up ADDE datasets is iterative until you are
comfortable with the process and understand what is going on.  After
that, it is a quick and easy few steps.

>I very much appreciate your help.

No worries.