20040921: McIDAS in a new acct (cont.)

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Hi Mynul,

>This is really a strange cause now I am able to see
>the images form mcidas. From your previous email, it
>seems you haven't done much. How did you fix it then?

Here is all I did in the account:

1) create ~/.mcidasrc by copying the version in ~student/.mcidasrc

2) removing definitions of all datasets except MYDATA and TOPO
   from ~/mcidas/data/RESOLV.SRV

3) look around for anything else that looked out of place --
   I didn't find anything!

That is it!

>I haven't changed anything to make X connection
>available to you. If you are still interested to take
>a look in it, please let me know.

No, if things are working there is no need.

>And thank you very much for all your help.

I am not convinced that simply creating .mcidasrc did the trick.
Undefining datasets in RESOLV.SRV certainly would _not_ have any
effect on the ability to display imagery.