20041014: MODIS data available via ADDE

>From: Greg Stossmeister <address@hidden>

Hi Greg,

>    I'm trying to adapt the tcl script you gave me to automatically
>generate gif images of a particular MODIS sector. One of the images I'd
>like to produce is a color composite. I've generated a sample image in
>mcidas but I'm wondering how to do it with mcidas .k commands as the
>'combine' function assembles 3 distinct frames into a single image. Do I
>run imgdisp.k 3 times specifying a frame number then run a combine.k?

Yes, the procedure would be identical to what you use when running
a full McIDAS session.  The difference would be that the environment
that you run in would need to be modified to contain 3 frames.  The
operative part of the driver script you are using, mcdriver.sh, only
creates a single frame:

cd $MCDATA
mcenv -f 1@900x800 -i 128 -g 32 << EOF
  $@
EOF

This is easily modified to create 3 frames:

cd $MCDATA
mcenv -f 3@900x800 -i 128 -g 32 << EOF
  $@
EOF

You would then IMGDISP (imgdisp.k) the different channels into different
frames and use COMBINE (combine.k) to create the composite.

>Thanks,

No worries.