20041021: IP address of adde.ucar.edu (motherlode) changing

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi,

On September 14 I sent a note to the Unidata-maintained 'ldm-users'
email list letting folks know of an IP change on the ADDE server
machine, adde.ucar.edu (aka motherlode.ucar.edu):

old IP:
128.117.13.119

new IP:
128.117.15.119

adde.ucar.edu has been responding on both the new and old IP interfaces
since late September, but we will drop the old interface on Wednesday,
November 3.  The reason I am writing to you is that a machine in your
domain (IP 198.120.3.141) is still getting data from adde.ucar.edu
using the old IP.  After we drop support for the old IP, you will not be
able to get data from adde.ucar.edu unless you take corrective action.

The procedure needed to update the cached IP address used for
McIDAS ADDE transactions is as follows:

- start a McIDAS session as the user who accesses adde.ucar.edu
  using ADDE

- determine if you are "pointing" at adde.ucar.edu for any ADDE dataset
  by running:

DATALOC LIST

- if you are using adde.ucar.edu (remember that your listing might
  reference motherlode.ucar.edu instead of adde.ucar.edu), update your
  client routing table by running:

DATALOC HOST

  If your ADDE access to adde.ucar.edu is through cron-initiated shell
  scripts, you will need to run 'DATALOC HOST' as the user that is
  running the cron-initiated scripts.

This procedure may need to be run by each who accesses adde.ucar.edu,
or it may be sufficient to update the client routing table for the user
'mcidas'.  Which option is needed will depend on how you configured the
MCTABLE_READ environment variable for each McIDAS user on your system.

Please contact Unidata User Support <address@hidden> if you
have any questions about what you need to do to update your McIDAS
client routing table to continue to access data through the ADDE server
on adde.ucar.edu.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas