20041025: WXTLIST freezes

>From: "Luis A. Lopez" <address@hidden>

Hi Luis,

>When I click on Information and choose Data List, mcidas hangs, and I have
>to kill the mcidas process, what is happenning, what I'm trying to do is get
>information on text mode (WXTLIST command) for precipitation, climate
>summary, state forecast for the Carebean (PR and VI).  Thank you.

If you were trying the WXTLIST command this morning or yesterday, and
if the ADDE server you are "pointed" at for TEXT data is atm.geo.nsf.gov,
then your problem is that the power has not yet been restored to that
server (I sent a note to ldm-users about the outage on Friday morning).
So, _if_ you are "pointed" at atm.geo.nsf.gov, change to adde.ucar.edu:

DATALOC ADD RTWXTEXT adde.ucar.edu

If this is not your problem, we will have to take a closer look
at things when you are here for the McIDAS workshop.

Right now, I have to get in for the LDM workshop since I am helping
out in it.

>From address@hidden  Mon Oct 25 07:39:27 2004

Thanks Tom, yes I'm pointed to atm.geo.nsf.gov, so thsi is the problem.

Luis