20041217: that pesky seam when combining images with IMGREMAP (cont.)

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Owen,

>Okay, so now I'm a little confused. I thought that by specifying
>PRO=MERC in my combined images I was specifying a non-conical
>projection. Is mercator a conical projection?

The McIDAS MERCator projection is not a true Mercator projection.  Even
so, I guess I should have phrased things a bit differently:

The compositing I am doing with a satellite-based projection (rotated
Meteosat) does not exhibit the missing element slice.  Composites
produced by non-satellite remaps (MERCator for you and Polar
Stereograhpic for Jennie (and I tried RECTilinear yesterday)), all seem
to exhibit the missing element slice.  I don't know if this is
significant, but it _feels_ like it should be.

By the way, attached to you email was a notice of a new email address
for you.  If your email address has changed, you should unsubscribe
your old email address(es) from all Unidata-maintained lists and
then resubscribe using your new address.  Thanks for doing this; it
will save us a bunch of bounced support mail.