20050124: Unidata McIDAS-XCD Trouble (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Jim,

I was talking to our LDM developer, Steve Emmerson, about the
situation I ran into on your machine, and he pointed out to
me that I did not have an exact picture of the scenario running
on accas.

What was happening (I say was since I see that you turned off
XCD decoding in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf and ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf) was that
all of the data inserted into the LDM queue from your pqing process
as feedtype WMO was being sent to the XCD text ingester through
the 'xcd_run DDS' action.  This was causing problems that manifested
themselves in data not being decoded after the first little bit.

The solutions I mentioned earlier today are still valid, however.
If I knew of a regular expression that could be used to separate
the textual products from the binary ones in your WMO stream, it
could be used in the pqact.conf action:

IDS|DDPLUS      <regular expression that identifies text products>      PIPE
        xcd_run DDS

Chiz suggested using the following:

IDS|DDPLUS      ^([^HIJOLMPSYZ]|S[^D])  PIPE
        xcd_run DDS

If you are game, I could try this to see what happens.  Please let me
know.