20050216: McIDAS-X, -XCD and ADDE remote server installed on bigbird

>From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

>Request for the firewall pots is in, and I'll follow up this afternoon
>if it's not been performed.

I saw the forward that the ports had been opened to bigbird.  I
did a quick access test through port 112 and did not get anywhere.
I will perform a more thorough test later today and let you know the
results.

>That said, I'm seeing an interesting error string when I do an 'ldmadmin
>tail':
>Feb 16 14:44:39 bigbird pqact[2110]: pipe_prodput: trying again
>Feb 16 14:44:39 bigbird pqact[2110]: pbuf_flush (4) write: Broken pipe

>Since I've not made any conscious changes recently might this be related
>to the MCIDAS update recently performed?  I don't recall seeing these
>before.

My bad!  I had a typo in the xcd_run line for HDS data in ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.
I just corrected the typo, checked the file things that will cause pqact
to exit, and sent a HUP to pqact:

<as 'ldm'>
edit ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf and change 'xcd_run DRS' to 'xcd_run HRS'
ldmadmin pqactcheck
ldmadmin pqactHUP

>And, as you should already have, the ports are open!

I will do a more thorough test in a bit.