20050216: McIDAS-X, -XCD and ADDE remote server installed on bigbird (cont.)

>From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

>Try it now... Sorry for the delay.  It was blocked by the host firewall.

No worries on the delay.  I am able to do uncompressed (port 500),
gzip compressed (port 112), but not 'compress' compressed (port 503)
transfers.  The problem is not a firewall restriction, but, rather
that compress and uncompress are not installed on bigbird.  A "standard"
(non-full) installlation of Linux does not include compress and uncompress.
A full installation will, on the other hand, include them.

Would it be possible for you to install compress and uncompress (actually
the same executable) from RPM?  If you don't have time, I can do it.
Please let me know.

After I get all modes of transfer working, I will add bigbird to the
list of Cooperating Community servers.

Thanks for the help!