20050318: LDM - gini to netcdf converter

>From: "Steve Wanzong" <address@hidden>

Steve,

>Institution: UW-Madsion/SSEC
>Package Version: 6.2.1
>Operating System: RedHat Enterprise Linux WS version 4
>Hardware Information: IBM xSeriers
>Inquiry: I am receiving gini data through ldm.  I need to convert these files
> to netcdf.  Does such a decoder exist?

Unidata does not have such a converter.  You could use McIDAS to do the
conversion, however:

- create an ADDE dataset of type GINI populated with the images you want
  to convert

- use IMGCOPY to copy from the GINI dataset into a dataset of type NCDF

- the process could be rolled into one or more LDM pqact.conf actions
  so that the conversion would be automatic

I would contact Rick Kohrs or Russ Dengel in the MUG for details.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas