20050401: WWDISP no longer plots severe wx (thundestorm/tornado) watches (cont.)

>From: McIDAS Help Desk <address@hidden>

Hi Barry,

>You're in awfully early! :-)

I worked from home yesterday, and when I do that the day never seems to
end :-)

>I didn't state it very clearly, but I meant what I said: I *am* able to
>plot the watch boxes with WWDISP. But it's only if I plot the boxes, not
>counties. For example,
>   WWDISP MS TIME=10 12 TYPE=TORWATCH PLOT=NBOX
>works (plots watches 119 and 120) whereas
>   WWDISP MS TIME=10 12 TYPE=TORWATCH PLOT=COUNTY and
>   WWLIST MS TIME=10 12 TYPE=TORWATCH
>both fail because they can't find the watch-by-county product
>(formerly SLS, now WOU).

OK.

>Please let us know if that's not what you're finding.

I put up a couple of plots from WWDISP after making the change I sent
you yesterday.  Please take a look and let me know what your opinions
are:

erase.k
map.k MID
wwdisp.k DAY=2005089 2005090
frmsave.k 1 wwdisp_MID.gif
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/staff/tom/gifs/wwdisp_MID.gif

erase.k
map.k NACONF
wwdisp.k DAY=2005089 2005090
frmsave.k 1 wwdisp_new.gif
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/content/staff/tom/gifs/wwdisp_new.gif

>Thanks for supplying the code changes. I'll leave it to Todd to comment
>on if he agrees that they're what's needed in WWDISP and WWLIST.

Sounds good.

>Thanks again,

No worries.