20050517: missing -.RAT and -.RAP files

>From: "John Hobbie" <address@hidden>

Hi John,

>I just discovered that I no longer have any .RAT/.RAT files being created
>except for TERMFCST.RA[TP].  They had been there several days ago, but I don't
>know which of the actions I took disabled the creation of them.
>What governs their creation?

The *.RAT files are created during the initial setup of XCD decoding.
The *.RAP files are created as data is ingested and processed, but they
won't be created if the *.RAT files do not exist.

To recover, stop the LDM, rerun the XCD setup scripts, and then restart
the LDM:

<as 'ldm'>

ldmadmin stop

<as 'mcidas'>

cd ~mcidsa/workdata
batch.k XCD.BAT
batch.k XCDDEC.BAT

-- verify that you now have a full set of *.RAT files in the output
   directory

<as 'ldm'>

ldmadmin start

By the way, the lack of *.RA[PT] files explains why you did not have
the file DCLSTIDX.PTR in the ~mcidas/workdata directory.

>Thanks in advance for your help.

No worries.

>From address@hidden  Wed May 18 07:44:30 2005

Tom ---