20050823: mcidasx problem

>From: "John Hobbie" <address@hidden>

Hi John,

I apologize for this being a very brief note without a solution to your
problem.  I am currently on vacation in a place with dial-up internet
acces only.

I suspect that your problem is that you are running the SSEC McIDAS-X
startup, not mine.  Please try starting using:

'mcidas -config'

(NOT mcidasx) and see if things work for you.

I return from vacation on Friday,  but I have meetings scheduled all
day, so I will not be able to really dig into your problem until
Saturday night or Sunday (if the 'mcidas -config') doesn't work
for you.