20050830: McIDAS - Unable to download McIDASX-2005 files (cont.)

>From: "Kevin R. Tyle" <address@hidden>

Hi Kevin,

re: McIDAS downloads failing
>I have tried on a variety of machines and browsers:
>
>169.226.43.76:  Mozilla 1.6 (OS:  Solaris 10)
>169.226.43.172:  Firefox 1.06, IE 6 (OS:  Windows XP)
>24.195.20.244 (home machine):  Firefox 1.06, Epiphany Web Browser (OS:
>Fedora Core 3 x86-64)
>
>All are unsuccessful; i.e. left-clicking on any of the file links takes
>me to the "Welcome to the Community Portal" page.
>Right-clicking to save the target to my local machine prompts me to save
>the "user.html" file.
>
>You should see log entries from this morning from the first two
>machines.  The home machine attempt was on Sunday afternoon.

Our web guru, Jen Oxelson, tracked this one down...

Downloads have been working when one goes to the Downloads page (after
logging in, of course), but they were not working when one tried the
download from my McIDAS pages (the reason is rather complicated so I
will not delve into it here).  The problem has been corrected, so
please try your download(s) again.

I apologize for the problems!