20050831: Modis bowtie correction (cont.)

>From: "Oana" <address@hidden>

Hi Oana,

This is a quick update on the MODIS bowtie correction you are inquiring
about.

I sent off emails to SSEC at the end of last week and got the following
response from Dave Santek, the manager of McIDAS:

  Hi Tom,

  As Russ says, SATEPS did this. I got their code to put into -XRD, but I
  had trouble building it on all platforms and it didn't work on the first
  image I tried.

  SATEPS code reads the HDF file directly and writes out Area
  files...remapping on-the-fly. It does not use ADDE.

  Liam gave me the algorithm and code to correct for the bowtie. I want to
  include this in the LALO navigation so we can correct for this effect on
  the raw granules [remapping not necessary].

  We've recently hired Kevin Bagget [Todd Smith replacement]. He's going
  to work on navigation issues, in addition to -XCD. Among other things,
  the bowtie correction is on his list. No timeline yet.

  dave

I will try to find the SATEPS routine that Dave referenced and make it
available to you.