20050926: Modis bowtie correction code (cont.)

>From: "Oana" <address@hidden>

Hi Oana,

I just got some code that is supposed to do MODIS bowtie corrections;
the code originated at SATEPS.  Here is how you can get it using
anonymous FTP:

machine:   ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:      anonymous
pass:      address@hidden
directory: pub/mcidas/contrib
file:      modis_l1b.tar.gz

Please note the following about this code:

- the file is large, ~135 MB

- it was not put into the McIDAS-XRD (X Research and Development)
  distribution since the person who tried to use it was not successful

- may be out of date; the code was created in 2002

- reads the HDF file directly and writes out AREA files remapping
  on-the-fly. It does not use ADDE.

- I have no experience with the code, so I won't be much help in its
  use

re: contact SATEPS for you
>Yes, thank you very much.Andrei Diamandi is my boss and his email is
>address@hidden .

I will send off a note today on behalf of your group mentioning
Angrei Diamandi.