20051103: Upgrading from FC 1 to FC 4 (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

re: installation of FC4
>Changed my mind. Based on the ease of your installation, I decided to do
>it *now*, today, Thursday, when the weather is nice. Since everyone should
>be feeding from weather2.admin.niu.edu, there's no data problems.

OK.

re: SELINUX config file change and reboot
>Will do...

OK.

re: building McIDAS

>OK. Since you installed it on weather3, can you tell me how to remake it?

Rebuilding is simple:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2004/src                 <- you havn't upgraded to 2005 yet!
make clobber
make all
make install.all

>OK, I'll let you know what happens! It should be done around 18Z, if the
>install timer is reasonably close to being right.

OK.  I don't know how you are doing the upgrade, but make sure to
update the install to the latest release.  We use 'yum'...