20051102: McIDAS-related questions (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Hi Mekonnen,

re:
>Thanks for your remarkable help.

No worries.

>I am now re-gridding it in IDL to derive
>an equal grid map, and this should solve the problem.

Equal grid... meaning what exactly?

How are you transforming the Lat,Lon positions from the original GVAR
navigation into an "equal grid map"?  This can be done easily in McIDAS
using the IMGREMAP command specifying the RECT (rectilinear)
projection.  Once the data has been put into this projection, your IDL
calculations would be straightforward, AND the reimportation back into
McIDAS AREAs would be simple since MAKNAV supports RECTilinear projection
directly.  The comment about the data needing to be in integer binary
still holds since MAKEAREA supports binary not ASCII data.

>Thanks for your help,

Glad to help when I can.

>p.s. I would like to acknowledge your support in the manuscript that I am
>preparing now. So I would be happy if you could forward me the name you
>want to appear, and perhaps the affiliation. Thanks!

This would be very nice.  If you want to credit Unidata Support,
please cite us as:

Unidata User Support
Unidata Program Center/UCAR
P.O. 3000
Boulder, CO 80305
address@hidden

If you are thinking about crediting me specifically, simply add
my name to the above:

Tom Yoksas