20051111: Upgrading from FC 1 to FC 4 (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

>A few things.
>
>All my machines (weather, weather2, weather3) are all on Fedora Core 4,
>fully patched. Works great! I know the problem with my audio: "Alsamixer"
>reset the defaults. Someone finally pointed that out to me and once I was
>able to set what my capture input was, I was good to go!

Interesting...

>Anyway, our Internet 2 connection was postponed until December 1. But they
>say this deadline will me met, so we shall see!

Very good.

>And, if you wanted to the McIDAS update, you are good to go on all the
>machines. Did you find more problems? I haven't noticed you on the
>machines in a while.

I built v2005 on weather2 yesterday afternoon, but have not installed
it.  I like to be paying full attention and feel that I understand
the existing installation before I flip the switch.  I will try to
get to weather and weather2 this weekend.

>Take care, and have a good weekend.

Later...