20051202: Can't display NASA imagery any more on McIDAS-X

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

(should have incluced this in the previous reply)

re:
>I just verified that I can't display the "ME-7" dataset either from the
>uqam.ca machine (can't remember the exact address).
>
>???

Looks like UQAM is not updating the ME7 images.  One of the reasons I
wanted to get the PUB dataset into the menu was so I could drop ME7
out of it.  The main reason is that the dataset contents on the UQAM
machine were never very comprehensive.  The PUB dataset on the
NOAA machine is comprehensive.

>Confoozed and dazed,

One last thing.  When you first bring up the MCGUI after making the
ADDEIMAGE.CORE mods I sent in the last message, you must setup
your client routing table to go to the appropriate machine for the
PUB dataset.  This is easlily accomplished through the MCGUI:

- click on the client routing table button (the one to the right of the Z)

- click on the IMAGE tab

- click the down arrow for the PUB dataset and select the NOAA machine
  (the only other option is the LOCAL-DATA one, and you do not have
  these images on your machine(s))

While you are at it in the client routing table setup widget, check the
setup for the other datasets and make sure that they are correct.