[McIDAS #MHL-637032]: question about imgremap

Hi Ying,

I upgraded the McIDAS installation on unidata.scs.gmu.edu to v2005b today.
This release supports the 'CURDAY' mnemonic in DIRFILE= specifications
for ADDE data set definitions.

I also modified the 1KN0R-NAT, 2KN1P-NAT, and 4KNTP-NAT entries in the
copy of RESOLV.SRV in ~ldm/mcidas/data to use this mnemonic.  The mcrunNEXRAD.sh
script is now able to run for "current" data.  However, specifying the
MERC projection output for IMGREMAP does not work since the GeoTIFF
server does not understand the MERCator navigation type.  Since the RECTilinear
navigation is a general Lat,Lon projection, and since that is _the_ projection
supported by the GeoTIFF output ADDE server, I modified the script being
run, ~ldm/mcrunNEXRAD.sh, to use the RECT navigation:

imgremap.k NEXRCOMP/4KNTP-NAT GEOTIFF/NEXRCOMP.3 PRO=RECT SSIZE=ALL

The GeoTIFF output files should now be created after the receit of a
new national total precipitation composite image in the FNEXRAD IDD
feed (I restarted the LDM so this would happen).

I still recommend organizing your composite radar images into subdirectories
that don't have so many images in them (one of the directories I looked at
had 38K images in it!).

Please let me know if things are now working satisfactorily.

Ticket ID: MHL-637032
Department: Support McIDAS