[McIDAS #NHZ-299731]: weird issue with IMGREMAP

Hi Robert,

re:
> I seem to have an issue with IMGREMAP that I have not seen before...and it's
> killing me.
>
> This works:
>
> /usr2/config/scripts/mcidas% imgremap.k MOS/MONATL08I4 COMP/NHREMAPIR.1 RES=8
> PRO=RECT LAT=85 60 SIZE=1800 3000
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 2789440
> imgremap.k: transformations complete ... begin data move
> Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 5401440
> IMGREMAP: Done...
>
> ..but I don't want to just copy to the same position number, or have to
> specify it.

IMGREMAP requires that you specify the output position number:

IMGREMAP -- Remaps an image into a different projection
  IMGREMAP sdataset ddataset <keywords>
Parameters:
   sdataset | source ADDE dataset name and position; specify as
              alias.position or group/descriptor.position; to use default
              position, either enter "0" or omit .position portion
              (no def for alias or group/descriptor, def=0 for position)
   ddataset | destination ADDE dataset name and absolute position;
              specify as alias.position or group/descriptor.position;
              only positive integers are valid for the position number

Note the requirement for ddataset.

> I just try COMP/NHREMAPIR with no pos. number and:
>
> /usr2/config/scripts/mcidas% imgremap.k MOS/MONATL08I4 COMP/NHREMAPIR RES=8
> PRO=RECT LAT=85 60 SIZE=1800 3000
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 2789440
> imgremap.k: transformations complete ... begin data move
> imgremap.k: Area number not valid
> imgremap.k: Failed to open connection to put destination image

It seems to me that IMGREMAP should fail immediately telling you that the
specification
for the output image is incorrectly specified.  Waiting to fail until after the
source
image has been read is inefficient.

> To set up the dataset COMP/NHREMAPIR I did (from McIDAS session, not cmd line)
>
> REDIRECT ADD AREA3* "/data2/sat
> DSSERVE ADD COMP/NHREMAPIR AREA 3000 3999

Looks good.

> The funny thing is IMGCOPY works, but the IMGREMAP command does not. (This is
> Solaris 10 3/05, McIDAS 2005b, Studio 11 compilers)

For whatever reason, IMGCOPY explicitly allows you to do this:

IMGCOPY -- Copies image data from a server
   IMGCOPY sdataset ddataset <keywords>
Parameters:
   sdataset | source ADDE dataset name and position; specify as
              alias.position or group/descriptor.position; to use default
              position, either enter "0" or omit .position portion
              (no def for alias or group/descriptor, def=0 for position)
   ddataset | destination ADDE dataset name and position; specify as
              alias.position or group/descriptor.position; only positive
              integers (absolute positions) or the default are valid for
              the position number; to use the default position, omit the
              .position portion (no def for alias or group/descriptor, for
              position def=the position following the most recent image)

When I create composites and want to not have to calculate the output
dataset position, I create an ADDE dataset that has a single image as
its content.  That way I can always correctly specify the output image
as group/descriptor.1.

Ticket ID: NHZ-299731
Department: Support McIDAS