[McIDAS #NLA-107808]: Build Error mcwish MacOS-X 10.4.5

Hi Stewart,

I apologize for being silent in the last several days (too many
things going on)...

> In testing my McIDAS-X (2005) build as user 'mcidas' I am seeing:
>
> WARNING: only run as the user 'mcidas' for supervisory tasks

This indicates to me that you were running the 'mcidasx' startup
script instead of the 'mcidas' startup script.   This warning is
standard (nothing to worry about).  SSEC McIDAS does not allow
the user 'mcidas' to run McIDAS.  I change the startup script to
issue a warning to let the user know that running as 'mcidas'
can have consequences that must be understood ('mcidas' is the
superuser for McIDAS).

> Running McIDAS configuration GUI...
> mainusers-power-mac-g5:~ mcidas$ Error in startup script: invalid
> command name "fileToList"
> while executing
> "fileToList $mcrcfile"
> (procedure "readMcidasrc" line 139)
> invoked from within
> "readMcidasrc "$home/.mcidasrc""
> (file "/Users/mcidas/mcidas2005/src/mcidas" line 667)
>
> Is this a problem in mcwish?

No.

> Or McIdas' Tcl parser?

No.  It is an indication that the Tcl procedures contained in
~mcidas/bin/upcguiprocs.tcl have not been read.

Please check to see if your installation properly created a
link between mcstart.gui and mcidas:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2005/src
ls -alt mcstart.gui mcidas

The listings should show that the files are identical since
'mcidas' is simply a hard link to mcstart.gui.

The installation process should also make a link between
~mcidas/mcidas2005/src/mcidas and ~mcidas/bin/mcidas.  The link
will be a hard one if ~mcidas/bin and ~mcidas/mcidas2005/src are
on the same filesystem.  It will be a soft link if the ~mcidas/bin
is on a different file system than ~mcidas/mcidas2005/src.

Would it be possible for me to get a login as 'mcidas' on this
system?

Final comment for now:  Friday we initiated a wipe of our MacOS-X
system and reinstallation of the OS from scratch.  Our objectives
are to document the procedures needed to be made by end users to
setup a viable development environment and to make the latest verison
of the OS available to us.

Ticket ID: NLA-107808
Department: Support McIDAS