[McIDAS #XKM-786092]: Anotehr bug: ADDE server not working?

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> > /home/mcidas/mcinet2005.sh, appeared to fail because
> > xinetd was not running.

> Aha! I can't believe this. I told Fedora Core 5 to install it...it didn't.
> D'oh! I reinstalled it, ran the uninstall part, which went fine.

Very good.

re:
> > connecting when using port 112:
>
> OK, try now.

Works now.  I just accessed weather2's ADDE server for the GINIWEST data
from both my work and home machines.  As before, access from my work
machine was fast (it is on I2) and from my home machine was slow.

re: accessing data through the GZIP port 112
> I think that was fixed dueing the ADDe server install. OK, now it
> worked...try it now.

GINIWEST data access from weather2 works now as does weather watch boxes
(from the RTWXTEXT dataset).

Ticket ID: XKM-786092
Department: Support McIDAS