[McIDAS #NVD-511681]: McIDAS install tip

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> > Also, we have
> > run into issues using 'gfortran' for other applications that we
> > distribute and/or support.

> OK. But, I don't know how much longer Fedora will support it. Just a
> thought. Thanks again as always for your help, and take care!

I made an attempt to use the 'gfortran' installed on my home 32-bit
FC5 machine (which I keep fully up to date through 'yum'), and it
failed miserably.  This failure take with the failures seen building
other Unidata-supported applications tells me that 'gfortran' is not
yet ready for prime time.

Ticket ID: NVD-511681
Department: Support McIDAS