[McIDAS #UEZ-605029]: mcidas on my laptop

Hi Marianne,

re:
> Hajo got the mcidas build and install done on my laptop (the SSEC
> version) - so many many thanks for this support!

No worries.  I am always glad to help when I can :-)

> Hajo is very impressed by your help!

Hajo is very smart, so it is easy to communicate!

> We have also downloaded the unidata distribution and Hajo will ahve a
> look at that one as well - maybe even for our UNIX platforms.

Very good.  I supply fixes to bugs that SSEC may not run into and
do support use on other platforms when possible.

> Just a question on the side: As SSEC will sunset the HP support - will
> that also be true for the Unidata distribution?

I am wanting to sunset support for HP for a couple of reasons:

- there are no, or almost no HP users in the Unidata community anymore

- our HP machine is hopelessly out of date and does not have a viable
  development environment (HP charges a fortune for support, so we
  were forced to drop it some time ago)

If you decide to use the Unidata distribution of McIDAS, you will
be the only site using HP equipment in our McIDAS community.  Quite a
distinction :-)

> Thank you,
>
> Marianne

Ticket ID: UEZ-605029