[McIDAS #LYL-866773]: In Search of FOS Data

Hi Patti,

I redirected your email into our inquiry tracking system since I figure
we will have several email exchanges regarding the ingestion of NOAAPORT
data in the future.

> Brian Callicott recommended that I contact you.
> SATEPS currently uses leased lines as a backup to our NOAAPort FOS
> system. NWS will not be supporting this in the somewhat near future.

OK.

> I was wondering if you can point me to anyone that may be serving the
> FOS data and using LDM with McIDAS XCD. I'd hate to have to reinvent the
> wheel if this is already been done within the McIDAS community.

There are several sites ingesting the NOAAPORT FOS data (and lots more)
using the LDM/IDD and then processing the data with McIDAS-XCD.  Since
I developed the technique (script for LDM use), I would say that we
are the "experts" (sic) in this area.

How can I help you?

> Patti Skews
> QSS Group, Inc.
> NOAA/NESDIS Environmental Satellite Processing Center (ESPC).
> 301-763-8524 x203 FAX:301-763-4788
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: LYL-866773
Department: Support McIDAS