[McIDAS #UNZ-611727]: MCTABLE.TXT permission problem

Hi Greg,

re:
> I'm trying to add a new adde server via dataloc
> (gp16.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov). Here's what I typed and the results:
>
> gstoss@ingest:~/mcidas/data> dataloc.k ADD PUB 140.90.195.198
> dataloc.k: First occurrence of MCTABLE.TXT found in list of
> dataloc.k: MCPATH directories is not writable, run:
>
> DMAP MCTABLE.TXT FORM=ALL
>
> dataloc.k: to show all occurrences of MCTABLE.TXT in MCPATH
>
> then:
>
> gstoss@ingest:~/mcidas/data> dmap.k MCTABLE.TXT FORM=ALL
> PERM      SIZE LAST CHANGED FROM  PATHNAME
> ---- --------- ------------ ----  --------
> -rwx      1057 Feb 03  2006 M     /home/gstoss/mcidas/data/MCTABLE.TXT
> 1057 bytes in 1 files
>
> What am I doing wrong?

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong.

> I have permission to edit this file but dataloc
> says it can't write to this file. DMAP didn't show me any other
> occurences of this file.

Please let me know the value of the MCTABLE_READ and MCTABLE_WRITE
environment variables from the Unix shell in which you launched
McIDAS:

<as 'gstoss'>
echo $MCTABLE_READ
echo $MCTABLE_WRITE