[McIDAS #SUP-835157]: MSG compressed data

Hi Oana,

re:
> How are you?

I am well, thank you for asking!

> We have some really low temperatures now in Romania (below 5 C
> degrees) and that's why I am figthing with a bad cold. Let's hope I will be
> the winner!

Below 5 C sounds warm to me since we have had temperatures (at my house)
below -5 C.  I am sorry to hear that you have a bad cold.  The best remedy
I know of for nasty colds is to stay home and drink plenty of beer (or
is it drink tea with lemon and brandy) :-)  The real key, of course, is
to get plenty of rest...

> Here comes my question:
>
> If I understood correctly we can use McIDAS for MSG compressed data display
> (I've read some of your old messages from Valentijn Venus). How can I do
> this? I didn't find anything about this subject in the McIDAS 2006 user
> guide.

Actually, you can not use McIDAS with the compressed data, at least not yet.
A programmer that works with Valentijn has made some code modifications that
he says will work, but I have not had a chance to test them in my McIDAS
distribution.  If you are adventerous, I can forward the changes to you
and you can implement the modified routine in your McIDAS installation
to see if they work.  This would be a big help to me since I have so little
time at the moment because our workshop series starts on Monday.

Please let me know if you feel adventerous enough to try implementing the
ITC changes (where Valentijn works) on your system.  I can send you the
very simple steps necessary to implement the changes and rebuild your system
if you are willing to do the testing.

> My best regards,

Get well soon!

Ticket ID: SUP-835157