[McIDAS #QZW-597177]: McIDAS problem - No SHIPBUOY data

Hi Angel,

After I got back to the office (from an all day meeting) I saw your email with
'mcidas' and 'ldm' access information for metofis... thanks!

After logging onto metofis, I found that the XCD decoding problem was linked
to a bad SYSKEY.TAB file in the output directory, /ldm/data/mcidasd.  I changed
the read/write permissions on this file (as 'ldm') since the permissions did not
allow modification by 'mcidas' and then ran the XCD setup script:

<as 'ldm'>
cd /ldm/data/mcidasd
chmod 664 SYSKEY.TAB
ldmadmin stop

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCADATA
xcdconfig

One part of 'xcdconfig' asks if it one wants to replace SCHEMA, SYSKEY.TAB, and
ROUTE.SYS.
I answered yes for SCHEMA and SYSKEY.TAB and no for ROUTE.SYS.  I then selected
all
default actions for the rest of the steps that that the script asked about.

Because I noticed that some files produced by XCD decoding had not been scoured
for
a number of days (/ldm/data/mcidasd/*.IDX), I ran the scouring utility as
'DELWXT 1 100'
(scours the last 100 days if needed)).

After the above, I restarted the LDM and POINT data -- including SHIP/BUOY --
is once
again being decoded.

Ticket ID: QZW-597177
Department: Support McIDAS