[McIDAS #YQC-508428]: status of ADDE servers

Hi Don,

re:
> I got a note from Mike to change adde.geo.nsf.gov to
> adde.cise-nsf.gov.

Yup, Mike and I talked about this yesterday afternoon.  I will
be sending an email to the mcidas-x email list later today or
tomorrow announcing the change and the steps that users must
follow to update their McIDAS sessions.

> While I'm in there making changes,
> I was wondering about the other servers.  In particular,
> are cacimbo and papagayo stable/maintained servers?

At the moment, the answer looks to be no.

> I was able to connect to cacimbo, but papagayo gave
> me a "connection refused" error.  I've had trouble
> with out of date data on cacimbo before and access is
> really slow to that machine now.

Access to cacimbo has been hit or miss for a long time.  I guess
it is time to take it permanently off of the list of publically
accessible ADDE servers.

Clint was supposed to get back to me with new login information
for papagayo, but he either never sent me the note, or it got
rejected as spam.  I will make another run at getting papagayo
back online ADDEwise.

> Also, I guess the page that lists publicly available
> ADDE servers should reflect the change Mike is requesting.

Yes, the changes have to be coordinated.

Ticket ID: YQC-508428
Department: Support McIDAS