[McIDAS #HZP-657281]: Moving McIDAS-XCD server

Hi Hsie,

re:
> Thank you very much.

No worries.

> I am trying to install the 2007 package into the structure I have.

> I run into a new problem.  Can you show me how to
> setup the MySQL database for grid decoding:
>
> 10) Based on previous input, configure XCD data monitors
>
> - DMSFC  - SAO/METAR decoding
> - DMRAOB - sounding decoding
> - DMSYN  - synoptic and ship/buoy decoding
> - DMMISC - NGMMOS, NAMMOS, GFSMOS, pilot reports, terminal forecasts decoding
> - DMBIN  - NOAAPORT GRIB and BUFR message filing (for ADDE GRIB server)
> - DMGRID - NOAAPORT model forecast decoding
> - DMNEXR - NOAAPORT NEXRAD Level III processing (being left INACTIVE)
>
> Enter value and Press <Enter>:
> Activating DMMISC data monitor...
> Activating DMRAOB data monitor...
> Activating DMSFC data monitor...
> Activating DMSYN data monitor...
>
> Activating DMBIN GRIB/BUFR filer...
> Attempting to create MySQL database for GRIB/BUFR filing
> Enter password:
>
> ERROR creating MySQL database.  Check to make sure that MySQL
> is installed and that the password you used is correct!
>
> After you install MySQL and/or have the correct password, rerun:
>
> gribadmin makedb
>
> from the /home/mcidas/solaris/workdata directory as the user 'mcidas'

You need to install all components of MySQL:

- server
- client
- development environment

After the development environment is installed, McIDAS will need to be rebuilt
to be able to issue MySQL calls.  I was going to touch base with you on this
in the next day or so to see if you are willing to run the GRIB filer and
serve the data via ADDE.

I see some MySQL stuff under /usr/sfw/mysql, but this does not look like a
full MySQL installation.

Question:

- do you need help in installing MySQL?

If yes, I would need 'root' privilege to do the installation for you.  We (Mike
Schmidt and I) would likely install the Blastwave distribution of MySQL since
we have used it under SunOS 5.9 SPARC with excellent results.

Ticket ID: HZP-657281
Department: Support McIDAS