[McIDAS #HZP-657281]: Moving McIDAS-XCD server

Hi Hsie,

Quick FYI on Saturday...

I logged onto stratus to investigate your observation that 'xcdscour'
seemed to scour disk GRIB files but not entries in the MySQL database.
I added some logging to ~ldm/util/xcdscour so that it would log scouring
of GRIB messages to ~ldm/logs/xcdscour.log.  In the logging, I note when
the script was started and stopped and do 'gribadmin num' listings
of the MySQL database before and after the section that does the database
scouring.

While I was at it, I tried listing and then plotting a field from the RUC-all
dataset.  The listing was fine, but I the display failed.  I then took a
quick look at the files in /home/mcidas/savedata/grib and did not see any
from today (2007251).  I figured that the disk holdings and database entries
were probably inconsistent, so I remade the database as follows:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
decinfo.k SET DMBIN INACTIVE
-- wait for STARTXCD to kill DMBIN
rm /home/mcidas/savedata/grib/*.grib
gribadmin removedb
gribadmin makedb
decinfo.k SET DMBIN ACTIVE

After remaking the database and turning DMBIN processing back on, GRIB messages
are once again being saved to disk and recoreded in the MySQL database and
I am able to list AND display RUC fields (and RCM, ICNG, etc.).

I see that you changed 'ldm's crontab entry for GRIB scouring to 3 days.
Given this, we should not see any reduction in the MySQL database entries
until Tuesday.

Ticket ID: HZP-657281
Department: Support McIDAS