[McIDAS #OOQ-958289]: McIDAS 2007 on OS X install

HI Tom,

re: successful build, install, AND run of McIDAS v2007 on buran
> Cool... Glad that it helped you to find it.

I could not have even imagined what I found on buran, so getting
access was _the_ key to getting things working!

> Now I'm
> sure that it did build the first time, and the problem
> the second time must have been forgetting to source
> the environment and/or the g77 to gfortran change.

OK.

> It was hard for me to know even what to ask on this one.

Yup, this was a strange one alright.  I would not have known
what to ask since the failure you were seeing (no output when
you ran 'mcidas') gave no clues as to what could possibly be
happening.

> BTW, I normally use McIDAS most intensively in the
> spring when I teach sat met, but this year Marshall
> Shepherd will teach that class.

OK.

> (Meanwhile, I am
> headed to UFRGS, Porto Algere, Brazil on a
> Fulbright.)

Way cool!  I am supposed to be heading to Brazil (Cacheoira
Paulista, the home of CPTEC) in December to put on a McIDAS
training workshop for INPE folks.

> He may be checking into the '08 workshop,
> if you are planning one,

The '08 series of workshops should be held in the fall of next
year.

> although it will be too late to
> help him with the spring.

Please let Marshall know to not hesitate to ask questions if/when
he has them.

(I have tech staff who I
> will train on NOAAport/LDM before then. That
> should be no problem.)

By the way, McIDAS ADDE serving of NOAAPORT data on cacimbo is not
fully setup (I meant to point this out earlier).  Do you want me to
look into this further?  If yes, I will need the password for the
'ldm' account.

Also, I noticed that you were saving the NOAAPORT GINI data in
at least two different places.  Is this really what you wanted?

Finally, do you want for me to add cacimbo back into the list of
cooperating community ADDE servers?  If yes, I will need to review
the ADDE setup in more detail.

> Thanks again for all your help.

No worries.  Thanks for letting me VPN into buran (that session is
still running; I am still at home at the moment).

> I'll be sure to lift a caipirinha to you!

I would much rather be with you hoisting my own ;-)

Ticket ID: OOQ-958289
Department: Support McIDAS