[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: FW: Please remove port 23 access from shu.cup.edu, and add ports 22 & 112.

Hi Samuel,

re:
> O.K.  Here is the g77 version, and the end of the makelog file,

Thanks.

> but it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of info.

Actually, it has useful information.  The error seen occurs when running
'configure' for the HDF component of the build (we already knew this).
More to the point, the error encountered was in the C++ preprocessor,
/usr/bin/cpp:

  checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /usr/bin/cpp
  configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/usr/bin/cpp" fails sanity check
  See `config.log' for more details.

We still don't know exactly what failed, however.  For that, I will need
to see the entire 'config.log' file which will be found in the
/home/mcidas/mcidas2007/hdf directory.

Also, please send the entire listing produced by:

<logged in as 'mcidas' on the machine you want to build on>

env

> [zehel@shu zehel]$ more workstationversions2
> [mcidas@EBE270-11 ~]$ g77 --version
> GNU Fortran (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-4)
>
> GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
> You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
> or type the command `info -f g77 Copying'.
> [mcidas@EBE270-11 ~]$ tail mcidas2007/src/makelog
> checking for jpeglib.h... yes
> checking for jpeg_start_decompress in -ljpeg... yes
> checking for szlib... suppressed
> checking for xdr library support... yes
> checking for ANSI C header files... no
> checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /usr/bin/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/usr/bin/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure       /home/mcidas/mcidas2007/hdf:    FAILED
> [mcidas@EBE270-11 ~]$

Ticket ID: XRR-599672
Department: Support McIDAS