[McIDAS #NPS-283856]: XCD change

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I have put these XCD changes on my test computer stimpy which is 32-bit,
> but need to get it on a 64-bit to be sure I didn't break anything.

Very good.  FYI, I am running the same changes I sent to you on both
32-bit and 64-bit Linux systems, and on 32-bit and 64-bit builds on
SunOS systems, both big-endian (SPARC) and little-endian (x86_64).
So far, I have encountered no problems.

> Since you mentioned it in this e-mail, I made the help section change to
> daytime.c.

Excellent, thanks.  Can you investigate the procedure by which the help
sections of routines get turned into man pages?  The objective would be
to make sure that the man page for Daytimetosec that gets distributed
with McIDAS-X gets updated with the documentation mods you made to daytime.c.

> Dave Santek said you would be doing the rest of the McIDAS changes.

I fully intend to make the necessary changes to the SSEC CVS repository
as soon as I can free up some time.  Hopefully this will not be delayed
much longer.

Ticket ID: NPS-283856
Department: Support McIDAS