[McIDAS #OXG-395498]: conversion of lac level1b to area format

Hi Marc,

re:
> I am new to Mcidas and I have AVHRR LAC level 1b format files that i
> want to use in the Mcidas V software. I do know that it is possible to
> have this read in the V version but I am not sure of the procedure. I
> did find out that I have to set up the ADDE server to accomplish this
> does but can my data files be read using the convert level1b command?
> Thank you for any information.

Since Level 1B is not a format per se (it is a processing procedure), it
is impossible to assure you that your image(s) can be converted with
the XRD CONVERT_LEV1B command, or, for that matter, served with the
McIDAS LV1B ADDE servers (lv1badir and lv1baget).  The best thing would
be to give the conversion and/or direct serving a try.

I am curious: did you get McIDAS from Unidata, or did you get it from SSEC?
If you joined the McIDAS User's Group (MUG) and are a member in good standing
(i.e., have paid your MUG fees), then your question is better directed to
the MUG support team, address@hidden.  If you got McIDAS from Unidata,
you sent your inquiry to the correct place.

Ticket ID: OXG-395498
Department: Support McIDAS