[IDD #TTR-495389]: Slow access to local datasets through ADDE

Hi Samuel,

re:
> I guess I'm a little confused as to the general process for creating a small
> & relatively current datasets for fast retrieval (with IDV, etc...).

OK.

> The only reason I used /data/ldm/pub, is because that's what you had in your
> e-mail suggestion from January 9th.

My email was supposed to be an _example_ of how one creates an ADDE dataset
definition.  The
intent was to show the process only.  You need to replace things like directory
locations
with ones that match your setup.

> I'm not convinced it worked, but I have executed the commands you have
> suggested, and the output looked like this:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ cd $MCDATA
> -bash-2.05b$ dsserve.k ADD NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT GINI TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm/pub/native/radar/composite/gini/n0r/1km/\\CURDAY/Level3_Composite_n0r_1km_\*.gini
>  \"1 km N0R US Base Reflectivity Composite
>
> Unable to add NEXRCOMP to DATALOC table
> NEXRCOMP is already pointing at ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV

Again, the message 'Unable to add NEXRCOMP to DATALOC table' is issued by
DSSERVE when
there is already an entry in the client routing table for data dataset.  It
appears
that you had a client routing table entry for NEXRCOMP pointing to
ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV.

> Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
> ------------------------ ----- ------------------ ----------------------
> NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT       IMAGE GINI                  1 km N0R US Base
> Reflectivity Composite
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm/pub/native/radar/composite/gini/n0r/1km/\CURDAY/Level3_Composite_n0r_1km_*.gini
> NEXRCOMP/2KN1P-NAT       IMAGE GINI                  2 km N1P US 1-hr Precip.
> Composite DIRFILE=/data/ldm/mcidas/images/NEXRCOMP/2km/n1p/n1p_*
> NEXRCOMP/4KNTP-NAT       IMAGE GINI                  4 km NTP US Storm Total
> Precip. Composite DIRFILE=/data/ldm/mcidas/images/NEXRCOMP/4km/ntp/ntp_*
> dsserve.k: done

This listing shows that the server mapping table was updated with your ADDE
definition.
However, if your NEXRCOMP 1km National N0R composites are not stored in
/data/ldm/pub/native/composite/gini/n0r/1km/... then your requests for data on
your
own system will never work.  What you need to do is review where you are filing
the
1km National N0R images on your system and substitute that directory in the
definition above (i.e., you will rerun DSSERVE specifying the correct location
for
the data).

> -bash-2.05b$ dataloc.k ADD NEXRCOMP LOCAL-DATA
>
> Group Name                    Server IP Address
> --------------------         ----------------------------------------
> NEXRCOMP                     <LOCAL-DATA>
>
> <LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data
> directory.
> DATALOC -- done

Very good.  Now you will try to get the data from your own ADDE server and
not ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV.  Again, the access will not work until your ADDE dataset
definition is correct.

If you like, I can logon to your system and setup the NEXRCOMP dataset
definitions
based on how your LDM pqact.conf action(s) are processing the data.  You could
then review the definition and compare it to the example.

Ticket ID: TTR-495389
Department: Support McIDAS