[IDD #TTR-495389]: Slow access to local datasets through ADDE

Hi Samuel,

re:
> I tried your test/suggestion twice.  It doesn't work, and I don't see how it
> could.  The problem is
> with the GINIEAST/GE1KMVIST, not GINIEAST/GE1KMVIS.

More explicitly:

- delete the GINIEAST/GE1KMVIST definition from ~mcidas/workdata/RESOLV.SRV

- modify the definition for GINIEAST/GE1KMVIS to include \CURDAY (I see
  that you did this)

I deleted GINIEAST/GE1KMVIST from RESOLV.SRV.  Now reconnect to shu.cup.edu for
the GINIEAST
dataset in your IDV session.  The list of available datasets should no longer
contain GE1KMVIST.
Listing of the contents of GINIEAST/GE1KMVIS should be much faster than it was
when you were not
using the \CURDAY construct.  Because the IDV knows about GINIEAST/GE1KVIS,
your default display
of those images should not exceed the memory allocated to the IDV.

> My skills aren't that good, so I think it might take more than 30 minutes.

OK.

Ticket ID: TTR-495389
Department: Support McIDAS