[McIDAS #SXY-331778]: Unable to add historical wind profiler case study to ADDE server.

Hi Samuel,

re:
> I have tried adding an entry into the MYSERVE.BAT file, and execute it using
> batch.k, however
> I can't seem to select the dataset properly in McIDAS.
>
> Here is the entry:
> DSSERVE ADD RTPTSRC/PROFHOUSTO      MD
> DIRFILE='/data/snapshot/20080204-07/ldm
> /mcidas/NetCDF/MDX*' "Non-Real-Time Hourly Profiler data - STO

This looks OK.

> When I try to view this dataset using "Display/Real-Time Upper Air Data", the
> Dataset
> RTPTSRC - PROFHOURSTO shows everything for February 14-19, when the data in
> this NetCDF directory
> is from February 4-7.

Hmm... This may be a deficiency in the MCGUI handling of non-realtime data.

> Also, is this the best way to view Profiler data, or is there an easier way?

I logged onto shu to take a look at what you have.  I see 1 MD file in the
directory you specify for your RTPTSRC/PROFHOUSTO dataset:

-bash-2.05b$ ls /data/snapshot/20080204-07/ldm/mcidas/NetCDF/MD*
/data/snapshot/20080204-07/ldm/mcidas/NetCDF/MDXX0086

Your ADDE dataset definition seems to work fine:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
-bash-2.05b$ ptlist.k RTPTSRC/PROFHOUSTO FORM=FILE
Pos      Description                        Schema  NRows NCols Proj# Created
DataDate
------   --------------------------------   ------  ----- ----- ----- -------
--------
     1   Hourly Prof data for 05 Feb 2008   WPRO       48    50     0       0
2008036
ptlist.k: Done

I see that there is only one time in that file, 12 UTC:

-bash-2.05b$ ptlist.k RTPTSRC/PROFHOUSTO PAR=IDA IDB DAY MODE TIME SEL='IDA
PLTC;IDB 2' NUM=ALL
 IDA  IDB  DAY[CYD] MODE TIME[HMS]
---- ---- --------- ---- ---------
PLTC 2      2008036 LOW     120000
PLTC 2      2008036 HIGH    120000
Number of matches found = 2
ptlist.k: Done

Given this, doing a time-height cross section (PROFSECT) will not be
meaningful.  Instead,
let's plot a plan view map of wind barbs (parameter WINDB) at 2050 m.  Since we
will want
to see the plot, let's do this from a McIDAS graphical session.

After McIDAS is running, open the Command and Text window.  If you are running
the
MCGUI, this is done by left clicking on the button with a keyboard icon in the
first
row of buttons (third from left).

From the Command and Text window, run the following:

SF 1
ERASE
PROFDISP WINDB 2050 USACONF 12 2008036 DAT=RTPTSRC/PROFHOUSTO

You should get a map of wind barbs over the US for 12 UTC on Feb 5 (Julian date
2008036).

Again, the MCGUI interface will not work "out of the box", but the command line
will
always work.

Ticket ID: SXY-331778
Department: Support McIDAS