[McIDAS #APD-338129]: GFS data on ADDE.UCAR.EDU

Hi Jack,

re:
> ...CONUS 190.5 km grid (grid 202). ... the data ... is shifted to the south
> relative to output on the other grids available
> GFS201: Mean sea level pressure on grid 201 (NH polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 381 km)
> GFS202: Mean sea level pressure on grid 202 (CONUS polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 190.5 km)
> GFS213: Mean sea level pressure on grid 213 (CONUS polar stereographic, grid
> spacing 95.25 km)

I ran a number of inter-comparisons between different projections and models
for P at MSL
for the same model run time and forecast hour.  It seems clear that the 202
grid plot looks
shifted southward in all tests I ran on Saturday, day 2008068.

My first guess is that the calculation of the row number of the pole is off.  I
will be
looking through the code to see I can see anything obviously wrong.

More later...

Ticket ID: APD-338129
Department: Support McIDAS