[McIDAS #HNQ-544745]: Missing SYSKEY.DAT

Hi Angel,

re:
> Everything seems to be back to normal. Not sure where the typo in our
> BAT files came from. I know they have been generating imagery for the
> web for the longest time. Oh well.

I would guess that somebody added the 'GU REST GRAPHIC(S)' lines to the
BATCH files somewhere along the way and simply made a typo...

> About the 30 days scour period, some met professor wants to keep that
> much data for his undergraduate weather forecasting class. He really
> wanted 60 days but we were running out of space.

OK.

> The NLDN data has not been requested by anyone so far.

Very good.

> I commented out the scour of ~ldm/data/mcidasd when I found out files
> were missing. Again, this was some fellow's attempt at clearing out
> the disk when the professor wanted to retain 60 days of data.

If I was you, I would delete the entry from ~ldm/etc/scour.conf so that
somebody won't uncomment it again in the future.

> I'll keep your ssh key, it's fine by me.

Very good.

> There was a message maybe last week on the LDM mailing list about
> NEXRAD data. Do you know what that was about?

Hmm... there were several threads about Nexrad Level III data at the end
of February:

- one user noted that his receipt of data seemed to be bursty (no NNEXRAD
  data would come in just before the top of the hour and then he would
  get flooded by data at about 5 past the hour)

  This issue was not related to the LDM/IDD; it was likely due to some
  broadcast issues in NOAAPort.

- the other thing that was reported was a "flapping" between upstream
  NNEXRAD feed sites

  LDM-6.6.5 will switch between upstream providers of exactly the same
  data (i.e., the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf request lines must be identical)
  based on which upstream is providing the data the fastest.  This may
  look like a problem to the user when s/he sees the log messages that
  are written into ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log, but it is not a problem.

Were either of these two threads what you had in mind?

For reference, you can look through an "archive" of ldm-users (and other)
list exchanges at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  Unidata Support
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/

    browse the mailing list and support archives
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/

Select 'ldm-users' from the list of 'Mailing List Archives' we maintain and
you can see all of the messages that have been posted.

> Thanks again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: HNQ-544745
Department: Support McIDAS