[McIDAS #BOM-351955]: (No Subject)

Hi Yoshihiro,

re:
> I am very sorry. You right. I also could not open it
> (trying to open from a copy I sent you - Tha's because I
> used my wife's computer with word -...)

I understand.  We use an older version of Word that does not
support the .dotx format.

> Here is the text I sent :
>

> Ref: McIDAS
> In order to let non-.edu users have access to our
> distribution
> of McIDAS, I am required by SSEC to have those users to
> the following:
>
> SSEC considers permissible users of the international
> university community to be those who are using McIDAS-X
> for academic classroom instruction or academic research by
> students related to obtaining a degree. Research
> institutes and government agencies that use McIDAS-X for
> meteorological research or operations must purchase a
> license from SSEC for the non-academic use. Given this
> clarification, and if Unidata users remain within the
> licensing terms that include no re-distribution of any
> portion of the software, SSEC is agreeable to providing
> this software to the international university Unidata user
> community.
>
> STATEMENT
>
> UNIDATA McIDAS USE BY THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PELOTAS
> AND UNIVERSITY OF AVEIRO
>
> I, Yoshihiro Yamasaki, staff member of the Federal
> University of Pelotas (Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil),
> as a professor and collaborator, as academic researcher
> instructor, of the University of Aveiro (Portugal) make
> the following statement:
>
> - I will be accessing McIDAS from Unidata for use in the
> University of Aveiro (Portugal) and Federal University of
> Pelotas (Brazil);
>
> - the McIDAS will be used only for academic classroom
> instructions and/or academic researches by students
> related to obtaining a degree;
> - the installation of McIDAS will not be for use by any
> government agency, or non-academic research institute, or
> private concern;
>
> - I will not re-distribute any portion of the software.
>
> Pelotas – April, 09 2008
> Yoshihiro Yamasaki
>
> e-mail : address@hidden
> Universidade Federal de Pelotas - Faculdade de
> Meteorologia Centro de Pesquisas Meteorológicas

Very good.  Jennifer Oxelson sent you a note earlier today advising
you that your U. Aveiro (Portugal) email address has been added to
the McIDAS exception list (the list that defines who outside of the
US university community is allowed to download McIDAS-X).

Just so you know, I am very close to releasing a new addendum (bug
fix distribution) for Unidata McIDAS.  You may want to wait until Friday
to download McIDAS in order to have the most up to date code.

Ticket ID: BOM-351955
Department: Support McIDAS