[McIDAS #EAZ-791845]: McX2007

Hi HP,
re: Searching there for "X11" list a number of modules of installed

> Yes, I discovered that as well, gleaning it from my old system. So, this
> is settled and building made some progress until it hit on the g77
> command. This is not found (see attached makelog). This time I am really
> at a loss. I find modules gcc-fortran 4.2 & 4.2.1 as well as libfortran
> 4.2.1 installed. Yast does not give any modules when searching for g77,
> while on the old system I get installed modules for this search string.

I am guessing that g77 is not supported/available under openSUSE 10.3.  No
worries, however, you can use gfortran instead.

> What is missing, i.e. what have I to search for?

Here is what you need to do:

1) make sure that gcc-gfortran is installed (use Yast)

2) verify that your 'mcidas' user's login session can find gfortran:

   <as 'mcidas'>
   which gfortran
   which gcc       <- just for good luck ;-)

3) edit the shell-specific definition file (i.e., .cshrc for C-shell; .profile
for Bourne
   or Korn shell; .bash_profile for BASH) for 'mcidas' and:

C-shell syntax:

replace:

setenv VENDOR -g77
-- OR --
setenv VENDOR -vendor

with:

setenv VENDOR -gfortran

Bourne/Korn/BASH syntax:

replace:

VENDOR=-g77
export McINST_ROOT VENDOR
-- OR --
VENDOR=-vendor
export McINST_ROOT VENDOR

with:

VENDOR=-gfortran
export McINST_ROOT VENDOR

After making the editing change, log off as 'mcidas' and then log back on
(or 'source .cshrc' for C-shell or . .bash_profile for BASH, etc.).

Once the changes have been made to the environment, then I recommend starting
the build from scratch:

<still as 'mcidas'>
cd ~/mcidas2007/src
make clobber