[McIDAS #EAZ-791845]: McX2007

Hi HP,

re:
> I have started the whole procedure from scratch, starting with
> downloading the distribution again yesterday Friday 6 June.

OK.  This means that you got the version that I updated a couple of days
ago to included more/better support of imagery in HDF format!

> Building
> works fine (just over 10 minutes), but make install.all stops with an
> error when doing links (see attached terminal output).

The error shown from 'makelog' indicates that either the directory
/home/mcidas/help is not writable by the user you were logged in as when
you ran 'make install.mcx', or that a previous 'make install.mcx' had
been run by a different user.  It is most likely that the write permissions
on the directory or file(s) do not allow the link (which is essentially like
a write).  I recommend that you check the ownership of the files under
/home/mcidas
to make sure that they are all owned by your 'mcidas' user.

> I might have
> overlooked this error earlier on :-o . Starting in the user account now
> works fine. However, again IMGDISP displays desired image but with the
> same message as earlier on: Unable to read from LW file SATANNOT.

I would guess that the installation failed before it was able to
link files like SATANNOT to the /home/mcidas/data directory.  Again, the
solution is to make sure that 'mcidas' owns all of its directories and
all files in all directories.

> CH just lost 1:0 to CZ in the first round of the European Soccer
> Championship that takes place in CH and AT :-(((

I saw that.  Best commiserations!

Ticket ID: EAZ-791845
Department: Support McIDAS