[McIDAS #YSD-368725]: ADDE Datasets

Hi Mary Ellen,

re:
> Hello, I'm trying to connect via DATALOC to the NESDIS server to access MTSAT
> and
> METEOSAT-9 data. I am issuing the followin commands in McIDAS:
>
> DATALOC ADD METEOSAT-9 satepsanone.nesdis.gov
> DSINFO.k IMAGE METEOSAT-9

Three things:

- the group name for publically accessible dataset on satepsanone.nesdis.gov is
PUB,
  not METEOSAT-9.  Our Publically Accessible McIDAS ADDE Server list shows this
as:

  PUB (FY2C (China), GOES-East, GOES-West, METEOSAT-9 (EUMETSAT, 6-hourly),
MTSAT (Japan))

  Note the parentheses.

- the machine name for the ADDE server is SATEPSANONE.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV (you left
off the NOAA
  part)

- the DSINFO command does not include the .k suffix unless it is run from the
Unix
  command line

Try the following:

DATALOC ADD PUB SATEPSANONE.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV
DSINFO IMAGE PUB

> to which I receive the following:
> " No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: METEOSAT-9"

Correct because the ADDE dataset group name is PUB.

> I get the same result when I repeat the above steps for access to MTSAT
> imagery. Please advise.

See above.

> Thank you for your help.

No worries.