[McIDAS #FGK-840642]: McIDAS access

Hi,

re:
> I'm registered as address@hidden which is from a
> degree-granting educational institution, namely the
> University of Hong Kong.  However, because HKU does
> not have an .edu suffix for email addresses, I'd like
> to request access to McIDAS.  Thank you.

In order to allow non-'.edu' users (users whose email addresses do not end
in '.edu') have access to our distribution of McIDAS-X, we are required by
SSEC, the owners/developers of McIDAS, to have those users agree to the
following:

  SSEC considers permissible users of the international university community
  to be those who are using McIDAS-X for academic classroom instruction or
  academic research by students related to obtaining a degree. Research
institutes
  and government agencies that use McIDAS-X for meteorological research or
  operations must purchase a license from SSEC for the non-academic use. Given
  this clarification, and if Unidata users remain within the licensing terms
  that include no re-distribution of any portion of the software, SSEC is
agreeable
  to providing this software to the international university Unidata user
community.

So, we need a clear statement from you that specifies all of the following:

- you are accessing McIDAS from Unidata for use in a university
- McIDAS must be used for academic classroom instruction or academic research
  by students related to obtaining a degree
- your installation of McIDAS is not for use by a government agency,
non-academic
  research institute, or private concern
- you agree that you will not re-distribute any portion of the software

As soon as you state that your use of Unidata McIDAS will conform to the items
above, we will add your address@hidden email address to the list that allows
downloading of Unidata McIDAS.

> YIP Chi Lap [Beta].
> Department of Computer Science,