[McIDAS #CTP-800880]: UNIWISC GOES-13 chopping off

Hi Art,

re:
> When I pop up a GOES-13 image received via the MCIDAS feed, the western
> part of the image is truncated at around 115 west... is there a problem
> with the production of these images or is this intentional for some
> reason?

The UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) eastern images are created using the eastern portion
(west to about 115W) of the unremapped GOES-East (currently GOES-13) scan that
is available (i.e., North America or North America Extended plus the South
America
sector when it exists).  That portion is supplemented by data from GOES-South
(GOES-10) which is remapped into the GOES-East projection.  The western boundary
of the sector thus created was limited by constraints of the GOES-East scans
when GOES-East was GOES-12.  I did not change the eastern sectors' boundaries
because I anticipated that GOES-12 would soon be returned to service.  If this
turns out to not be the case, and IF NOAA decides to not move GOES-13 to the
GOES-East slot (75W), I will revisit the procedure I use to create the eastern
sectors to see if they could be more useful with a different coverage (they
certainly would be more useful to those in the central US ** especially those
of us in Colorado ** as GOES-13 is located at 105W).

I hope that this helps explain why the eastern UNIWISC sectors look the way
that they do.

> Thanks...

No worries.

Ticket ID: CTP-800880