[McIDAS #STG-808468]: Conversion of mcidas area to shapefile format

Hi Randy,

> Yesterday I created a dataset:
>
> DSSERVE ADD MET7/GEOTIFF GEOT 1 9999 TYPE=IMAGE "GeoTIFF MET7 image files
>
> I then did a IMGREMAP MET7/IR.1 MET7/GEOTIFF.1 PRO=RECT  .....
>
> That gave me a GEOTIFF0001.tif  file. I can display this in IDV ( I can
> also create a shapefile with the software below) for example, however,
> it does not have the calibration I wanted (ie., TEMPs).
>
> I tried doing an IMGCOPY first with UNIT=TEMP and then the IMGREMAP
> command but that does not seem to work.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try doing the IMGREMAP first and then do the IMGCOPY from the remapped
image to the output GEOT image specifying UNIT=TEMP on the IMGCOPY command
line.

I offer this suggestion based on the online help for IMGCOPY:

   UNIT= | calibration unit for output image file; use this keyword with
           GEOT- and NCDF-format destination datasets; to determine
           available units, display the source image and run the D command
           (def=primary calibration unit in source image)

Ticket ID: STG-808468
Department: Support McIDAS